Photo by Diane Padys
- 1 1/2 cup of rice flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 4 tbs brown sugar
- 1 tbs baking powder
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 4 oz unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 tbs vanilla
- 1/2 cup buttermilk (set a few tablespoons of the buttermilk aside)
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
1. Set oven to 350 degrees
2. Mix all of the dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
3. Mix in all of the wet ingredients minus the berries and a few tablespoons of the buttermilk, into the dry ingredients by hand. Mix into pea size crumbles.
4. Flour your board.
5. Fold out onto floured surface. Shape into a 10 in circle about an inch thick.
6. Pour frozen berries on top the dough. Fold Dough over berries and press back out into a 10 in circle.
7. Cut into 6 wedges.
8. Brush with buttermilk and sprinkle with white sugar.
Bake for 10-15 minutes or until browned.
The result is a soft delicious center with a crunchy exterior. Serve with friends and your favorite beverage.
The Daisy Cafe is located at 114 W. Magnolia Ste 102, Bellingham WA 98225 They are open everyday for breakfast and lunch from 7:30AM to 2:30PM. Check them out online at http://thedaisycafe.com/