- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups of fresh spinach, washed well
- ¼ tsp canola oil (for coating garlic)
- 2 stalks of celery, chopped
- 1 roasted Fiji apple, seeds removed
- ¼ c toasted unsalted almonds
- 1 box or of organic vegetable stock
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups of cream (can be replaced with non-dairy substitute)
- 1 stick of brown butter (can be replaced with non-dairy substitute)
- 3 tbls honey
- 3 tbls amaretto
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cardamom
- 4 cloves of roasted garlic
- Salt & white pepper to taste
- Set oven to 425 degrees.
- Wrap a whole Fiji apple in aluminum foil. Do the same with a whole head of garlic (rub with a little canola oil) and place them both on a cookie sheet. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until soft. There will be garlic left over. Save it for a spread for later.
- In a large stockpot over medium heat place chopped onion, chopped celery with 1 Tbls of butter and a pinch of salt. Sweat onions. Turn down the heat and add washed spinach, toasted almonds, honey, vinegar and chopped roasted apple. Cook until Spinach has wilted. Turn off head and cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour cooled mixture into blender. Slowly add vegetable broth while blending.
- In a sauté skillet over medium heat add butter, cinnamon, cardamom and roasted garlic. Add amaretto. CAUTION: MAY CAUSE A FLAME. Once butter has browned pull off the heat, add mixture to blender. Blend and pour back into your stock pan over low heat.
- Stir in cream. Salt & pepper to taste.
Thank you to The Table for this recipe.
THE HAPPY HOUR IS AMAZING (check out the website for details)
The Table is located at 100 N Commercial St. Bellingham, WA 98225
- Tuesday-Thursday 12pm-9pm
- Friday-Saturday 4pm-10pm
- Closed Mondays 4pm-10pm
- Sundays prior to Mount Baker Theatre shows.